Sunday, August 2, 2009

Apparently I've been too vague when posting about things that have disturbed me

Yesterday I posted this photo.



And said that I found one of them.

And I did find one of them. It was growing out the side of my head.

It was a gray hair.

I must say that I'm a little disappointed that nobody figured this one out and just automatically assumed that I found a huge rabbit hopping around in the back yard.
And just for the record, if we had found a rabbit in the back yard, Max would not have liked it, he would have had a major FREAKING OUT!

Max is not a big fan of animals that have not come from Build-a-bear.

I'm pretty sure that he would like animals if we had any around, however, we do not have any pets because:

#1. DH is allergic to fur.

#2. We have new carpet.

#3. I have enough on my mind, trying to keep 4 kids and one husband cared for. I do not need to be responsible for one more living thing. That goes for houseplants too.

Now don't get me wrong, I love dogs (cats, not so much, they're too sneaky) (and please don't send any hate mail about the fact that I like dogs more than cats.)

Max is convinced that the dog that lives behind us is someday going to eat the fence and come into our yard and eat him too.
I've told him that if the dog ate the fence he would probably be too full to eat him too. (unless he wanted to eat him for dessert, because he's so sweet)

Still, dogs, cats, lizards and real birds freak him out.

So, back to the original subject, I found a gray hair!!! I plucked it from my head so I knew for sure that it was mine, not like those others that I've found in my hairbrush. I was under the impression that some old lady was sneaking into our house while we were gone and brushing her hair with my brush. (I'm pretty sure she might have had something to do with that pair of old lady shoes that I bought too) No siree bob, I have to claim this stupid hair.

The really sad part is that I'm only 30.*

Anyway, I posted the gray hare/hair thinking that all of my bloggy friends would say things like:
"Oh honey, I'm sorry, you should try Clairol #5."
or
"Gray is the new blonde."

But, no. Instead of being all supportive, everyone is all excited about a huge, non-existing rabbit in our back yard. (which in reality would probably fit in nicely with all of Max's imaginary birds)

Now, excuse me, I need to go to the store and stock up on some Geritol and Oil of Olay.




* This is actually my third year being 30. I will not tell you how many years I spent at age 29.

16 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

We call it "Oil of Old Lady" at our house. I don't happen to use it, but the old lady that sneaks in to brush her hair with my brush does.

Brandi said...

I used Oil of Olay as a teenager! In my defense, my mom bought it for me. Obviously, you have answered the question a asked in the comments of the last post.

I say wear it proud you've earned it! Of course, I can say that because I don't have any yet.

Brandi said...

Oops! I meant to type the question I asked not "a asked".

Mum-me said...

That was so funny! Little old lady sneaking into your house. Haha!

"#3. I have enough on my mind, trying to keep 4 kids and one husband cared for. I do not need to be responsible for one more living thing. That goes for houseplants too.'
I am totally with you on that one.

I don't have any grey hairs yet, but I'm only 21 ;)

Rachel Sue said...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 27 and have a whole row of white ones. . .

LisAway said...

Oh, you outclevered us all! I didn't comment but I did read/see and assume you were talking about a rabbit. I should know you better than that.

And I'm not a huge fan of cats either. Kittens? yes. Cats? No.

Valerie said...

I found my first at about 27, but it wasn't just one, it was a whole colony living on the side of my head. Blonde highlights blend them in nicely. But for heavens sake PAY someone who knows what they're doing to do them for you! Trust me on this one!

Anonymous said...

OMW! I cannot stop laughing. This is the first and you have 4 children! Lucky YOU!

Holly said...

I want to know how Valerie only got her first at 27, colony or not. I had my first found for me at 25! And we're sisters!
but do trust her on the paying someone to do it for you thing. It's a story she ought to blog sometime.

Chief said...

Oh I just found you from MMB. This is a great post. I started to lurk a bit at other posts and the fabric store debacle is a classic. I have to know if you called the manager cuz I woulda been all up in his grill!

Me said...

You know what is sad...I am finding gray hairs too :-(
Lets have a color our hair party!!

b. said...

I'm disappointed in myself for letting that go way over my head.
I seriously thought it was a giant rabbit.

If you've only found one, don't do Clairol, invest in a sharpie. Oh, wait...are you blonde or brunette? I forget.

mommeeof10 said...

I have plenty of grey hair. It's particularly noticeable when Mmy hair is in a ponytail or braid. Oh well, at least I got the noticeable ones at age 45. My older sister had noticeable grey hair by the time she was 30. :)

Staci K. said...

Grey Hare. LOL! I have a grey bunny, and grey hair! I use L'Oreal, because I'm worth it. :)

Alison Wonderland said...

You're cracking me up.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.