Saturday, September 4, 2010

First day of Kindergarten (and other random stuff)

Last week was Max's first day of Kindergarten. 15 minutes before my alarm went off I woke up to Max's face, just inches from mine.........

"Hey mom! I'm awake now and I'm going to get dressed really fast so I can be ready for school!"

3.2 seconds later, he was back, completely dressed in his new school clothes.

"I'm ready to go now! Come on mom! Let's go! It's time for school!"

I talked him into waking up his siblings, who unfortunately, did not share his enthusiasm.

An hour later, I dropped the kids off at school. Max was so excited, he didn't even look back to wave at me.

3 hours later, I picked him up. As soon as he got in the car he said "Mom, I DIDN'T miss you, and I don't think you missed me either."

He was wrong. (I'm pretty sure he missed me)


------------------------

Yesterday I got an email from Twitter telling me that I had 5 new direct messages. It had a convenient link for me to click on so that I could sign in.

The funny thing is that I don't have a Twitter account.

------------------------


Yesterday a song came the radio and my kids freaked out "NO! NO! Turn it off, I can't stand this song!"

"Why?" I asked, don't you like the girl singing it?"

"It's not a girl!" they yelled, "It's Justin Beiber!"


10 comments:

Jules AF said...

I wish I could've remained that excited about school all my life.

Staci K. said...

Justin Bieber was at the NY State Fair the other night - I can't imagine being in a stadium full of screaming 12 year old girls!

Kristina P. said...

I hope Justin Beiber is 27 when he goes through puberty. That would be awesome.

Hey, it still hasn't happened for Clay Aiken.

Unknown said...

I am proud to say I have never heard a Justin Beiber song. Well, actually maybe I have and just thought is was a girl singing. Hope the excitement of school lasts all year :)

Stacy Q said...

Bwaaah ha hah ah a ha ha ha ha ha!
Loved all the stories!

I'm with the previous commenter - I don't think I've ever heard JB sing. I didn't even know who he was until that video went around the internet of the little girl crying to her mother how much she loved him... I had to google him and find out he's not Justin Beeber.

mCat said...

Justin Bieber is an absolute deal breaker for me. NO to the JB

Karen said...

I love that Max is so excited about school. I hope he stays that way! And I just don't get Justin Bieber. He's not that good or that cute!

tiburon said...

Apparently they don't have the Bieber Fever

Annette Lyon said...

Pretty close to #4's first day of 2nd grade--she's still stoked to get up early and go. Me? I need a nap.

AlyD said...

We call him Justina at our house.