Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Why sixth grade teachers quit

On the first school day after Halloween, Brielle's school teacher told the class that he didn't have any Christmas decorations so they could bring any decorations they wanted and he would let them put them up in the classroom.

Brielle took this as a challenge.

My darling daughter has spent the last two weeks drawing all sorts of Christmas pictures and has taken them to school to be put on the walls of her classroom.
I think my favorite is the one she drew of her teacher wearing a Santa hat. The caption at the bottom of the picture says
"Santa, the bringer of presents, Mr Andrews the bringer of HOMEWORK!"

Then she drew a speech bubble coming from his mouth saying "HO HO HOmework!"

The teacher liked it so well that he framed the picture and put it on the wall.

A few days later, at the end of school, the teacher announced what homework would be assigned for the next day. Brielle proceeded to give him "the look" This is her half joking, half serious version of the "Evil Eye" (I have no idea where she picked this up..............really, I don't)

Mr Andrews found this rather amusing, so naturally, he laughed.

This only encouraged Brielle, and for the next several days, every time the teacher mentioned homework, she would give him The Look.

Yesterday, apparently, the teacher had had enough of the "evil eye" and told Brielle that the next time she gave him that look, he would take a picture of her, make a bunch of copies and plaster them all over the school.

Brielle then put up a sign on her desk that said "No flash photography."

(again, I don't know where she gets this stuff from)

11 comments:

amelia said...

Now that's a smart girl.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I wonder if the teacher just doesn't love this just for the fact that she is so darn clever and does it in a funny way.

Patti said...

OMG, that is too funny and I so can imagine by 5th grader doing the same thing. Not sure if it was mine it would be as funny, but thank you for sharing

Kristina P. said...

Your kids are the most creative kids I've seen.

See you in a few hours!

Unknown said...

Umm, she sounds alot like me. And my mother wishes you all the luck in the world :)

Chief said...

hmmm...its a puzzler

Karen said...

You have to be a special person to teach sixth grade.

Jen said...

Hahaha. Awesome picture!

My niece just won the school drug free poster contest. She drew her mom smoking in a lawn chair, with her mom's boyfriend standing by frowning. Caption: My mom smox, and Jason hates it.

rocslinger said...

Very clever Brielle.
I love clever kids. Just as long as thier not being clever at my expense. like my daughter who's favorite person to pick on is me.

Damama T said...

She's a smart one, alright! LOL! But she couldn't have gotten it from you. NOOOOOO! I bet you never did anything wrong in school. As for me, in 6th grade my history teacher would tape my mouth shut. Scotch tape. big X across my mouth. I LOVED IT! It gave me a chance to practice my ventriloquism. To this day I can say "Yes Mr. T" without moving my lips. Alternately, he'd offer me extra credit on the next assignment if I could just be quiet for one class. I never got the extra credit.... But I LOVE HISTORY because of that man's good natured way of handling me. I bet Brielle will love whatever her teacher's teaching, too!

Bonnie the Boss said...

ROFLMBO!! Tell Brille, I am a bit late but, too funny!