I can't tell you how excited I am about this!
10 whole weeks of sleep in days.
No homework to worry about.
Not having to remember to fill out reading logs.
Not having to remind children to actually turn in the reading logs. (if they've actually managed to fill them out)
No lunches to make.
10 whole weeks of sleep in days! (yes, I know I mentioned that before, but it's my favorite!)
Another favorite thing about this time of year.....................
Because when we wear sandals, we don't have to worry about finding socks!
(seriously, this is a huge deal in our house. I bought Max 12 new pairs of socks just two months ago, and we can only find 7 of them, and out of the 7 that we can find, 3 of them have huge holes in the heels and should probably be thrown away, but we keep them because Max really likes wearing them) (I have NO IDEA why he likes wearing the socks with holes in them)
When the kids realized how much free time they were going to have this summer (or how much free time they perceived that they were going to have this summer.....HA! As if I would allow them free time, I can think of plenty of things they can do to keep busy!) They were quite concerned, and one of them mentioned that they really needed to have a Wii to make it through the summer.
Just then, Max came dancing through the room.
I said "Why do you need a Wii? You have your little brother, and he is WAY more fun than a Wii!
Eye rolling commenced.
So here you have it. The top ten reasons why Max is more fun than a Wii!
10. He doesn't keep score.
9. He doesn't run on electricity. (He will run entirely on PB & J sandwiches.) Hence, he will still work during a blackout.
8. You can change the rules as you go along, and he probably won't know the difference.
7. If you're losing and Max is winning, he is easily distracted. Tell him that his teeth are green and he'll go into panic mode until he can get his teeth brushed and you won't need to finish the game if you don't want to lose.
6. He sings Journey songs.
5. He has a vast supply of random science facts. "Mom, did you know that when you're looking at something, you're not actually seeing what you're looking at, you're actually seeing the light bouncing off of whatever you're looking at." (Yes, he actually said that to me last week)
4. At any given time, he can quote you 7.5 episodes of Spongebob.
3. He dances to the music from the local weather channel.
2. He cheats at Hi-Ho-Cherry-O
And the number one reason that Max is more fun than a Wii.....................
When you roll an imaginary bowling ball at him, it will knock him over EVERY SINGLE TIME!