1. Have a sewing project that needs to be finished the next day.
2. Sit down at the sewing machine and discover that you are out of red thread.
3. Look at the clock. It says 9:02 p.m. The fabric stores have just closed.
4. That's OK, they sell thread at Wal Mart, so you get in the car and drive over there.
5. Go straight to the sewing department and get a spool of red thread.
7. Walk past the notions isle and remember that your seam ripper broke a few days ago so you pick up a new one.
8. Buy some pins too because one can never have too many pins.
9. As you are walking towards the checkout stand, get a call from your husband, who tells you that you're out of milk, and could you buy some more.
10. Go get a cart because you don't want to carry the cold jugs of milk around the store.
11. Walk past a display filled with cinnamon scented pine cones. Imagine how nice and festive they will make the house smell. Pick up a bag of those.
12. Walk through the produce department. Buy some zucchini to make more zucchini bread.
13. Walk through the bakery department. They have cookies. You look at your two favorite kinds of cookies and can't decide what kind to get.
14. Buy two different kinds of cookies.
15. Finally get to the dairy department and see that the milk is on sale. Get 4 gallons.
16. Remember that you're out of butter. Put some butter in the cart.
17. Start to walk to the check stand, and see the kids clothes. SOCKS! Your toddler needs socks. go get a package.
18. Remember that your niece's birthday is next week. Go to the toy department and find the noisiest, most annoying toy that you can, and put it in the cart.
19. Giggle as you walk away, thinking of how annoyed your brother will be having to listen to this toy.
20. Suddenly feel sorry for your SIL and go back to the toy department to get something less obnoxious.
21. Shampoo! you're out of shampoo! Go get some.
22. The spray gel is on sale. Buy two.
23. And a new brush because someone borrowed yours and lost it.
24. Walk through the isles with the Christmas decorations. See a wreath that would look great on the front door. Put that in the cart too.
25. Go get in the shortest check stand line.
26. The lady in front of you has a coupon for everything. This gives you time to look at all of the nifty items they have for sale right there.
27. Get an umbrella to keep in the car because last week you got caught in the rain without one.
28. Get another umbrella because they're only $2.00 each!
29. The lady in front of you is trying desperately to use her debit card, but can't remember her PIN.
30. Toss some nail clippers in your basket.
31. The lady in front of you is now counting out $48.00 in fives, ones, quarters, dimes nickles and pennies.
32. Grab a package of Tic Tacs and a tube of Chap Stick.
33. Finally get through the check stand and haul all of your purchases out to the car.
34. Drive home wondering how you just spent over $100.00 when all you came for was a spool of thread.
I guess it was a really good thing that when I sat down to sew and discovered that I needed red thread, it was only 8:00p.m. and the fabric store was still open;0)
But I still had to drive over to the grocery store later to get some milk.