Thursday, November 27, 2008

To shop or not to shop, that is the question

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

Our dinner was great! Every year we get together with a ton of family. We eat at the church building so the kids can run and play in the gym and work off their excess energy after dinner.

Max only ate a roll.

I put samples of several things on his plate that I thought he might like, but he only wanted the roll. He wouldn't even try some of grandma's sweet potatoes (which by the way are FABULOUS! in a "you won't need dessert after you eat these" sort of way)

When Max got thirsty, he handed me his glass and said "Please I can have some more H2O?"
Then he drank some and said "Why is it also called H2O?"
I answered "Because it's two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen."
Max says "Oh. OK."

We took the long route home because Max started rubbing his eyes and we wanted him to take a nap. (However now at 10:30 p.m, I feel that allowing him to nap might not have been a good idea because at this very moment, Max is wide awake, singing a very energetic rendition of the Hokey Pokey)
This is a problem because I want to go to bed. I'm actually considering going shopping in the morning.

Because I'm crazy.

And Wal Mart is selling jeans for $8.00 a pair. ($4.00 for Max sized jeans)

The big question is, just how much is my sleep worth to me?
Or the bigger question, how much will my sleep be worth to me tomorrow morning when my alarm goes off?
Or the even bigger question, will shopping in the morning give me something really good to blog about tomorrow night?

Tune in tomorrow to find out what I decide to do!!

9 comments:

LisAway said...

"will shopping in the morning give me something really good to blog about tomorrow night?"

Yes, this month I've been thinking of all things in terms of "maybe I'll find an idea HERE!" I haven't found any though, really.

Good for Max. I doubt he gained the traditional however many pounds from his Thanksgiving dinner.

Jules AF said...

ummm.... A good deal is not worth any loss of sleep, I'm sorry.

Joanna said...

Marsh only at a roll too, well, I think he ate it. He might have fed it to the dog, but I know for sure he ate 3 olives. Aren't kids funny?

Good luck with the shopping! You are a brave woman to dare to brave those crowds. As for me and my house....we will be sleeping in and enjoying our second day off. :)

Jana Nielson said...

12:14 am and I am already shopping online! I might just get dressed and head to Kohls....hmmmm.
Let you know later!

Laura said...

Hope you got enough sleep and got lots of great deals!!!!

Cheers!

Randi said...

YES! We are going to Walmart this morning for those $8 jeans, too!

Can you believe my girls didn't want to get up at 4:30? So we compromised and we're leaving at 7. I hope they still have some!

Alison Wonderland said...

Wow, those are cheap jeans. The Princess needs jeans. Hmm, I wonder if that sale's still going on?

My WV is cotards- Two people who on their own are relatively normal and intelligent but who both turn into raving idiots when you get them together. (C'mon, you know them, admit it.)

Kristina P. said...

I'm with Julie. No deal is worth me getting up at 4 in the morning.

Damama T said...

I'm with the 'ain't nothing worth it' crowd.

WV: The newly-created job title of the person who stands at the door at 4:00 a.m. on Black Friday to keep people from trampling slowpokes.